Tips for Avoiding Fraud
- Stay patient, research companies and resist the urge to make quick decisions in the moment;
- Ask people you trust for the name of a reliable contractor;
- Avoid fly-by-night companies and use local companies that are established in the community;
- Obtain written estimates from multiple companies;
- Be cautious if an individual or business asks for a substantial up-front payment or cash payment;
- Use your best judgement. If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Review Disaster Scam Prevention Tips
Our consumer representatives can be reached at:
File a consumer complaint with the Office of the Attorney General by downloading and completing the form below. Then, save the completed form as a PDF and email it to ConsumerProtection@oag.ok.gov with "Complaint" in the subject line. You may also attach any relevant documentation to your email.