Position Open: Immediately
Posting Closed: Open until Filled
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
The Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General is currently seeking a full-time Agent for our Legal Counsel Division.
Position Summary: The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Investigating a variety of complaints submitted to various state agencies, boards, and commissions.
- Assisting the Legal Counsel attorneys with other investigative needs and inquiries, including, but not limited to, contacting local law enforcement, requesting police records, and assisting in criminal referrals.
- Using computer and writing skills to produce reports, memoranda, letters, and analytical products.
- Having knowledge of investigative policies, operations, and procedures related to criminal, civil, and administrative investigations.
- Having knowledge of the operations of law enforcement/commercial databases and other available sources of investigative information, and knowledge of the principles of computer technology in the development of investigative databases and database management.
- Communicating technical, investigative, and legal information both orally and in writing to a variety of individuals for varying purposes.
- Ability to testify in administrative hearings.
- Preparing final reports and all exhibits when cases are completed.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Deputy Attorney General, including, but not limited to, service of process.
Candidates must be a CLEET-certified peace officer with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a variety of investigative fields.
All applicants must agree in writing to complete, and satisfactorily pass, a background investigation.
How to apply:
Resumes for the position must be sent to [email protected] and indicate that you are applying for the Legal Counsel Unit in the subjec line of the meail.
The Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General is an equal employment employer and does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, national origin, genetic information, religion, or disability, so long as the disability does not render the person unable to perform the essential functions of the position for which employed with a reasonable accommodation. All employees of the Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General are “at will” employees.