Title: Press Secretary
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Date Open: Immediately
Date Closed: Open until filled
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
The Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General is currently seeking a full-time Press Secretary for our Executive Unit.
This position works directly with the communications director to drive the agency’s agenda and key messaging. The press secretary must be skilled at writing, editing, social media management, website administration and more.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help drive the agency’s communications strategy across audiences and platforms.
- Serve as a professional point of contact for local, state and national media.
- Draft, coordinate and disseminate all communications materials for the agency.
- Write formal remarks, press releases, background materials, talking points and more.
- Assist with the creation of digital, audio, video, and print content for public consumption.
- Schedule and oversee events such as press conferences, media interviews and more.
- Act as day-to-day content manager for the agency’s website and social media accounts.
- Travel with the attorney general to provide assistance at meetings and events.
At least three years of government communications or related job experience and a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related discipline. Preference may be given to candidates with previous experience in a law enforcement office or criminal justice system.
All applicants must agree in writing to complete, and satisfactorily pass, a thorough background investigation by the Office of Attorney General.
The Oklahoma Office of Attorney General is an equal employment employer. All individuals are welcome to seek employment with the Oklahoma Office of Attorney General regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, national origin, genetic information, religion, or disability, so long as the disability does not render the person unable to perform the essential functions of the position for which employed with or without a reasonable accommodation. All employees of the Oklahoma Office of Attorney General are “at will” employees.
How to apply:
Please send resume to [email protected] and indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.