You are here
The Oklahoma Telemarketer Restriction Act Consumer Registry
- Oklahoma Do Not Call List
- National Do Not Call List
- File a Complaint
- Oklahoma's 'Don't Call' Enforcement Telemarketer Information
- Registration Schedule
The Oklahoma Telemarketer Restriction Act Consumer Registry lists the telephone numbers of Oklahomans who don't want unsolicited telemarketing calls and have properly registered with the Oklahoma Attorney General. The Telemarketer Restriction Act, passed in 2002, prohibits telemarketers from contacting Oklahomans on the list, with some exceptions that were written into the law.
Oklahomans should know that registering on the do not call list should reduce the number of telemarketing calls they receive, but the calls will not stop completely. Oklahoma law provides exceptions that allow telemarketing calls for:
- Solicitations for charitable or religious groups;
- Solicitations for political candidates and causes;
- Solicitations for not-for-profit organizations organized under 501(c)(3) of the IRS code;
- Solicitations to arrange a face-to-face meeting between a sales person and consumer;
- Solicitations from telemarketers with whom the consumer has an established business relationship, which is a business relationship formed in the preceding 24 months by a voluntary, two-way communication. The consumer does not have to purchase goods or services to create an established business relationship. Any inquiry or application by the consumer is sufficient.
Consumers can register telephone numbers by Internet, mail or by calling (405) 521-3921. When registering, consumers will be asked to provide their name, physical address, county and email address.
Register a number on Oklahoma's "Do Not Call List"
Registration is free for consumers.
Register by Phone
- (405) 521-3921
Register for the National "Do Not Call" Registry
File a "Do Not Call List" Complaint
Oklahoma's 'Don't Call' Enforcement Telemarketer Information
Telemarketers who want to solicit business in Oklahoma must purchase the list and remove the telephone numbers of Oklahomans who have registered from their list of potential customers.
The law took effect January 1, 2003. The law allows telemarketers 30 days to remove consumers' names from their solicitation list, and the 'do not call list' is updated on a quarterly basis.
To obtain access to the Telemarketer Restriction Act Consumer Registry, a telemarketer must submit to the Attorney General a fully completed Telemarketer Request for Registry Access Form; an executed confidentiality agreement; and a check for the appropriate fee made payable to the Oklahoma Attorney General’s Office. Fees for access to the registry are $150.00 per quarter or $600.00 per year.
For more information concerning the Attorney General’s Telemarketer Restriction Act Consumer Registry, including penalties for failure to comply, please refer to the Attorney General's Rules for the Telemarketer Restriction Act, which are available on this website for your convenience.
Please be advised there are additional laws which telemarketers doing business in Oklahoma must comply. These laws include limitations on the use of automatic dial announcing devices and the Commercial Telephone Solicitation Act. The Commercial Telephone Solicitation Act requires non-exempt telemarketers to register with the Attorney General, submit a registration fee and a bond. These laws and the necessary forms are also available on this website.
The Attorney General's Office will submit phone numbers listed on the registry to telemarketers every 3 months, following this schedule:
|If you register by:||Your number must be removed by:|
|December 1||February 1|
|March 1||May 1|
|June 1||August 1|
|September 1||November 1|